Pakistan is a country with infinite opportunities and in the field of Information Technology, low development costs and high technical skills make it an ideal place to produce the most stable and economical solutions.
Strategically located in South Asia, Pakistan is at the crossroads between Eastern and Western Asia. With three major international airports and thirty-eight domestic airports, Pakistan is accessible via fifty international airlines. Pakistan’s geographical location, a rapidly expanding transportation and communications infrastructure and an environment conducive to business makes it an attractive destination for investors.
Pakistan is fast becoming the destination of choice for a significant number of international IT/ITeS companies looking to relocate their operations offshore. The ready availability of skilled professionals, an appropriate IT infrastructure, and affordable rates for connectivity result in considerable time and cost savings for entrepreneurs.
Pakistan is shaking off decades of “also-ran” status. Funds invested into building educational institutions in Pakistan (when there were not enough jobs to absorb all the graduates from those institutions) are paying off as Pakistan begins to field a modern, highly productive labor force that is the envy of more prosperous but less tech-savvy nations elsewhere in the region.
- Great emphasis placed on software export by government.
- Excellent knowledge of English language.
- Large pool of software engineers.
- Costs in Pakistan are significantly lesser than any developed nations.
- Pakistani people are very friendly and easy to work with.
- An IT workforce of 133,000 with good English language and people skills growing at a phenomenal rate of almost 20,000 a year.
- A hundred and ten ISO-certified IT companies, with over 25 undergoing CMMI rating.
- A reliable digital telecommunications infrastructure with backup and reliable energy and transport networks.
- An ambitious program of world-class IT Parks, with a rental rate of approx. US$1 per sq ft /month.
- A prosperous economy that offers lucrative domestic opportunities and is attracting increasing amounts of international investment.
- A steadily improving risk rating and a tightening environment for intellectual property protection.
- A streamlined government regulatory process of one of the most attractive incentive programs anywhere, which includes tax exemptions, 100% foreign equity and earnings repatriation.
- International leaders such as BearingPoint, NCR Teradata, Mentor Graphics and ZTE have chosen to locate their development and consultancy center in Pakistan.
Source: Pakistan Software Export Board.